Read more: http://www.colormagicphotography.com/2010/03/customize-style-static-pageshide.html#ixzz24u9Nfndw
 

Monday, August 1, 2016

Semi-abstract Seascape Painting: Work in Progress


I painted this semi-abstract seascape on Sunday. I'm now just letting it sit for a while in the studio to see whether I need to enhance it in any way.

I find I work more freely and loosely when I am use my memory as a starting point and then respond to the painting as it develops. I think it helps that I don't use brushes, as these seem to distance me from the act of painting. I use a palette knife to trowel the paint on and then use rags and my fingers to blend and manipulate the paint. I often add highlights with sticks, sponges, credit cards and all sorts of other things. The more tactile the implement, the closer I feel to the painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment